I’m a Leeds based designer/developer,
by day I work within the Web Team at the University of Leeds where my generalist forté allows me to float between the design and development sides of our team. I have worked on a wide variety of projects from small scale departmental sites to large scale institutional projects which have gained recognition at a national and governmental level. My involvement varies from project to project and can involve design, front-end development, back-end development, concepts, storyboarding, or all of the above. I’m experienced working on projects from start-to-finish and also jumping into projects mid-flow to assist with the build.
I’m also a member of the production team for the multi-award winning Boagworld podcast. My position as researcher requires me to keep on top of the latest trends and news within the web design industry to inform the content of the show. I have also co-hosted the show on occasion and interviewed industry leading figures.
If you’d like to read more about how I found my way into the wonderful world of web design, I was interviewed by Phil Matthews for thewebdesignblog.com where I reminisce on the circuitous route I took.
### Skills & areas of knowledge
- Standards compliant, semantic markup
- Accessibility ([WCAG
](http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG20/) / [SENDA
- Cross-browser / platform compatiblity
- Progressive enhancement
- Graceful degredation
- Front-end development
- User interface and interaction design
- Styling [Ruby on Rails](http://www.wikipedia.com/wiki/ruby_on_rails)
- Styling [
- Adobe Photoshop
- [E Text Editor](http://www.e-texteditor.com/)(Windows)
- [GIT](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Git_(software)) Version Control System
- [Basecamp](http://www.basecamphq.com/) Project Management
- [Trac](http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trac) Source Code and Project Management
- [GitHub](http://github.com) Source Code and Project Management